Friday, March 1, 2013

BARN QUILTS

Lori from BEE in my Bonnet is hosting a Barn Quilt along where every other week she will post a new barn quilt block pattern. Just wanted to share a pic of the side of the Village Quilts shop in Lancaster, PA. My sister and I visited there in 2012 on a geneology mission. Across the street from Village Quilts was an amazing quilt shop that was literally bursting with quilt fabrics. It was owned by two AMish sisters, the top floor serving mostly the general public and bottom floor offering fabrics and notions for Amish clothing. The prices were fantastic as well and there was no sales tax. I guess the Amish are exempt from sales tax on fabrics used for clothing and quilts, etc. I bought a few pieces of fabric but there was so much, I was a bit overwhelmed. Check out Lori's blog. SHe has amazing tutorials. Carol

1 comment:

  1. http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-quilty-barn-along-tutorial.html

    I'm so not a techie and new to blogging as well so here is Lori's blog.

    ReplyDelete