Wednesday, August 15, 2018

MY FAVORITE QUILT!

MY FAVORITE QUILT!


So I was reading Jo's blog this morning, http://www.joscountryjunction.com/about-the-process/
and she was talking about making Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt, Roll Roll Cotton Boll and how that quilt was the starting point of the learning process and love of quilt making. Which got me to thinking about my first Bonnie quilt. I had been following her blog and saw there was going to be a retreat at Camp Beckwith, Al which is quite near me. I inquired about it and was put on a wait list. On Monday prior to the Friday start, I got a call that there were some openings. I grabbed a friend, loaded a bin of old reds and greens into my car with 2 neutrals and was on my way. Bonnie blogs about it here https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2014/01/let-starsshine.html
There is a day 1 and a day 2 and if you go down to the final small pic on the blog and click on it, you will get a slide show. I am featured in both of those slide shows! It was so much fun and when I got home, I couldn't wait to finish up those blocks, create an additional border or two to make it larger, and get it quilted! I love that quilt even though the points are cut off in my border. Bonnie describes how there was a pile of scraps we could dig through that was continually expanding. I found a piece of Univ of Alabama fabric I even incorporated into the quilt even though we are avid FSU fans. Below is a pic of my FSU fabric proudly displayed.

I've got plenty more 1.5" strips again! Maybe I should do another one! I used a constant neutral for the quilt even though Bonnie suggests a variety. I find it helps to anchor all the busyness of the rest of the fabrics.
Thanks for reading and have a great quilting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment