Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A NOVICE QUITER MUSING AGAIN!

So last night I was finishing up some binding on a tote bag that I started this weekend. I'm really into sewing bags lately and hubby is complaining because they hang on every doorknob in the house. I need to start selling something. At any rate, my creative mind was musing again and I remembered a UFO I had started with charm packs last year. I started thinking about how I could "fix" it. Above is an example of how I inserted a 1" strip into a charm by assembly line sewing. I saw the pattern in LOVE OF QUILTING by Fons and Porter but the designer had you cutting the 1" by 5" strips, and sewing each one individually to half of a charm square. Fooey on that. At any rate, I have this bag of about 30 charms already with the 1" insert plus fabric to go with. So I was thinking last night of sewing strips around each charm to create a log cabin like square and then sewing them together somehow. I will have to think on it but I don't want to sew it like it was orginally designed. Boring doesn't cut it with me anymore. I am a natural rule breaker. When presented with a challenge, I am always trying to reinvent the wheel and do it a different, better way. Doesnt always turn out better but you know the drift! Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment