Tuesday, February 23, 2021

SPRING ORGANIZING

 OMG!!!! There comes a time in every quilter's life where she has to pull it all out, purge and rearrange.  I think that time has come for me.  Not posting a pic yet but I will definitely get before and after photos.  My son has been wanting a bookcase for his room.  In my sewing room closet is a very nice 2 shelf brown bookcase.  In his closet are stackable wire racks that I continue to use for sewing supplies. So I've decided to make a swap.  He can have the bookcase and I'll retrieve the racks with drawers that I need.  This will require a complete major overhaul of the closet in my sewing room.  

When this spare bedroom became my sewing room about ten years ago, the folding doors came off the closet and are in the shed.  But its time to rework the situation and purge.  And I mean purge.  

In addition, my ironing board desperately needs a new cover.  In 2016 I went to England to visit a friend and attend the International Quilt Festival in Birmingham.  At that time, I purchased some red and white ticking and blue and white ticking fabric but never used it.  I pulled out the b/w today and it is the perfect width and length for the ironing board.  All I need to do is round the corner and add a pocket on either side for the rope or elastic.  I can do that and get rid of the ugly brown one that no longer looks clean even after washing.  And everytime I iron on my new cover I will think of Barbara!  Why do we let ourselves get to this level?  

Keep in touch to see my progress!  Its starting to be spring in Fl and time to spring clean!  


1 comment:

  1. I need to join you in organizing. So far all I have managed to do is get non-sewing items out of my space. But I do have some ideas floating around in my head.

    ReplyDelete