Friday, June 15, 2012

FABRIC ALERT!

FABRIC ALERT, REPOSTED! Friday, June 15, 2012 I'm reposting the following from QuiltingB52's blog this morning as I wanted to share with all my quilting friends. This is serious as the disease is spreading! "Fabric Alert Warning.... Friday, June 15, 2012 Chemical Warning: A recent study indicated that fabric gives off certain Pheromones that actually hypnotize women and cause them to purchase unreasonable amounts. When stored in large quantities in enclosed spaces, the Pheromones (in the fabric) causes memory loss and induces the nesting syndrome (similar to the one squirrels have before the onset of winter i.e. storing food). Therefore perpetuating their species and not having a population loss due to their kind being cut into pieces and mixed with others. Sound tests have also revealed that these fabrics emit a very high pitched sound, heard only by a select few, a breed of women know as “quilters”. When played backwards on an LP, the sounds are heard as chants, “buy me, cut me and sew me”. In order to overcome the so called “feeding frenzy effect” that these fabrics cause, one must wear a face mask when entering a storage facility and use ear plugs to avoid being pulled into their grip. One must laugh, however, at the sight of customers in a quilt fabric store, with WWII army gas masks and headphones! Studies have also indicated that aliens have inhabited the earth, helping to spread the effects that these fabrics have on the human population. They are called QUILT FABRIC STORE CLERKS. It’s also been experienced that these same Pheromones cause a pathological need to hide these fabric purchases when taken home (or at least blend them into the existing stash), and when asked by significant other if the fabric is new, the reply is “I’ve had it for awhile.” " ~ Author unknown I have this disease but I am here to say that I actually walked into 2 fabric stores this week and left with nothing, not even a pack of needles! I don't know what came over me. I sniffed and smelled and took in the aroma but wasn't inspired to whip out my credit card! I'm seriously thinking about making a doctor's appointment! I did have a wakeup call when I got my latest credit card bill that I have devoted to quilting purchases. I figured I needed to pare that down a bit and maybe knocked some sense into me. This week I attacked a UFO of a BOM that I'm enrolled in. (ONlY YOU QUILTERS WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT I JUST SAID) I've been sewing bags like I didn't have any so I"m glad to go back to something that I needed to do. I must be crazy to have signed up for Ripples and Reflections BOM. It is another thousand tiny triangles quilt! What was I thinking? I just finished Patriots in Petticoats which was triangle city! I'm behind on my blocks so I want to catch up this weekend. R and R isn't that much fun because I am making 4 of the same block, all those triangles! And all the same! It is quick assembly line sewing though once I get into it. So tomorrow is Saturday! Yea! Another day to sew and catch up! Later.

1 comment:

  1. Carol
    Please attribute this to me: Kathy (Smith) Harris. I wrote this in 1997, thank you

    ReplyDelete