Wednesday, July 20, 2016

ROW BY ROW CHALLENGE

I am very fortunate indeed to live in an area where we have 8 participating Row by Row shops within an hours drive or less from my home. Two of the shops I can get to within 10 minutes. There is also a good sized Joann's nearby and A&E Pharmacy in Pensacola. If you are ever in Pensacola drop by A&E. It is awesome. So this year, I decided to collect the rows and sew up a quilt to try and win a prize. My granddaughter, Hannah, came over to sew one day and she helped put one of the rows together! I sewed all weekend, quilting as you go on my Platinum 16. It started giving me fits on the last two rows I added but I managed to finish Monday morning. I headed to Unlimited Embroidery in Navarre, Fl and walked in to win the prize! I was so pleased and Lynda, the owner, was very generous with 30 fat quarters, a pattern and burlap bag with embroidery.

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is really cute Carol! We have several shops around here that participate, but I usually don't get out to pick up the patterns. Sounds like you are having fun with your granddaughter too. My older ones are too far away (Vermont) and the one here is only 4-but she does like to watch! There may be hope for her yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice comment. I sewed that quilt so fast to win the prize! Its a small shop in a home and not much traffic to it. So hurried out to collect and it was a nice gift!

      Delete