Wednesday, August 15, 2018

BOXIE BAGS!

I've always wanted a serger but never gave it a thought to look for one.  Until my LQS, Stitcher's Quest, had a serger event at the shop.  She brought in a dozen Bernina L460 sergers with a Bernina trainer and set up two events.  I attended the first one and those sergers were sold in a flash!  I conveniently put my name on the one I was using and went home with it! 
So after my purchase, then what?  I watched a few videos online and got out the book and tried out a few things.  Craftsy Unlimited came along offering a free weekend of watching classes so I jumped in and took the opportunity to watch a few serger classes.  One showed me how to make a box bag with zipper inserted so off I went and made a few.  It was sew much fun! 

Here are a few that I have made to sell at my church Arts and Crafts Fair.  I have Alabama and FSU waiting in the wings, ready to sew up!  Where I live in NW FLorida, football is big!  

For a free tutorial on how to make a box bag without a serger, here is one from Sew Can She!  https://www.sewcanshe.com/blog/2018/1/12/the-pillbox-pouch-free-sewing-pattern-for-a-cute-zipper-pouch

Have fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment