Monday, January 4, 2021

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021!

 Its finally arrived, 2021!  I'm not sure I'm really looking forward to a good new year but I'll try to be positive.  

January is always the day that we go on a diet or exercise program and this year is no different for me in that area.  4 years ago in 2017 I signed up for a Bright Line Eating (BLE) bootcamp and it was the best thing I ever did for myself.  Through the year, I managed to lose 34 lbs and met my first goal.  However, I had this feeling of fear come over me.  I veered from the program and have gained back 20 plus.  I dont know what the fear was about but it was real.  I think I didn't want the attention it was bringing me.  At any rate, this past year, I just went off the rails and ate and drank whatever I pleased.  

So a few weeks ago, I determined that I was going back to BLE and finally lose the weight and get to goal.  It will be a long process as I lose so slowly but I'm in!  Then along came an offer from Ruby Tuesdays that I couldn't pass up.  On one day only, Jan 1, 2021, I could sign up for a garden salad bar pass for $49.99! and I jumped at the chance.  It goes through January and I get one salad bar visit daily.  Salad and veggies are a big part of BLE and with a Ruby Tuesdays not far from my home, I can easily go every day.  And occasionally take my husband with me.  

So today was my first visit.  

I chatted with the manager and the wait staff and got a nice sized take out container with two small ones for dressing.  I filled it with lettuce, beets, carrots, cucumber, tomato, peppers and mushrooms.  A bit of chopped ham and peas to round it off.  Then I brought it all home and proceeded to weight everything, including the container and plate I was using.  We are allotted 6 to ten ounces of veggies at lunch and so I measured out about ten ounces, added 1/2 ounce dressing and enjoyed my lunch thoroughly.  I have salad left over that I can add to for dinner.  And then I enjoyed a tangerine!  

I am excited for the month of salads to come my way and I hope it works.  Portion control is key and choosing the fresh veggies rather than the calorie laden options!  I'll keep you posted.  

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year from me and "Ruby T". This sounds like a great gift to go to the salad bar 30 times for $50. WOW. You now know what you can do and it will be easier this time! Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Carol. Not a Ruby Tuesday for hundreds of miles here and the ones that were here were 45 minutes away. Not doable.

    ReplyDelete