Thursday, August 13, 2020

GOING ON VACATION!

 For an entire year, my husband and I had planned a dream trip from Paris to Normandy to Belgium and Germany.  It was all paid for and we were set to go in May 2020.  Then covid-19 came along.  The tour company sent us a notice that all trips would be delayed.  Then when our emails weren't answered we started to worry.  The tour company had gone bankrupt!  We then started to worry about whether we would get our money back or not.  Thankfully, our credit card company was great to work with and we got a full refund.  Delta had cancelled the flights so we got that money back too.  What a relief that was.  Word to the wise, always pay with a valid credit card like American Express or, in our case Chase Sapphire.  We have heard of folks who paid by debit card.  And Cash, writing a check.  Always insure with a credit card!  

So, my husband and I still wanted to go on a trip.  I've been binge watching Home Town on HGTV, the show featuring Ben and Erin Napier rehabbing cottages in Laurel MS.  Laurel is about a 4 hour drive from our home in the Panhandle of Fl so we will be leaving tomorrow to stay in a cute cottage for 2 nights.  From there we are going to Vicksburg.  My husband has long wanted to go to Vicksburg for the Civil War battlefield.  We went to Gettysburg and Antietam a few years back.  So its the best of both worlds.  I get to see the cute cottages and nostalgic Laurel Ms and he gets to go back to the Civil War.  

While researching our trip this morning, I found there is a Veterans Memorial Museum in Laurel as well.  If we get there early enough we can go there.    Both of us are retired from the USAF and we enjoy that sort of thing.  Him more than me but I'll go along with it.  

There are probably a few quilt shops available to shop in but I'm not really interested in that.  I just want to see and visit Home Town!  If I dont blog for a few days, you will know why!  

No comments:

Post a Comment